Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I sleep with my contacts in a lot?


I've been sleeping with my contacts on (they're not disposable ones) a lot for the past couple of months. I don't mean to, a lot of times I'm just doing my schoolwork or watching TV and I fall asleep only to wake up all the way next morning (usually 4-6 hours). I did have slightly bloodshot eyes and dry eyes, but I haven't really had a major problem until recently. One morning, I woke up in my contacts to find my eyes, one more than the other, slightly bloodshot.Very mildly irritable, but bloodshot. It kind of went away after I put eyedrops in them.

Is it too late to stop falling asleep with my contacts on? Should I stop wearing them because I have an eye-check-up appointment next week and I'm planning to wear glasses + buy disposable contacts?
Also I've heard that daily-disposable contact lens are less prone to infections, is it true?
I know I should be asking this to the doctor but I'm really really scared right now.
Thank you.

Read more: I sleep with my contacts in a lot?