Sunday, July 5, 2015

Could hayfever be causing all of this?


I've had swollen eyes since 24th June, some days worse than others, it's always worse in the mornings, gradually goes down as the day continues and then puffs back up again in the morning. Some mornings I have been unable to open my right eye fully, however this has only happened a couple of times. I do suffer from hay fever and there has been high levels of pollen for the last week or two, however I have never suffered problems with my eyes before this. I have no other problems with my eyes - no loss of vision, pain, itchiness etc, just swollen eyelids. I do usually wear contact lenses however have not worn them since the day before they swelled up. I have tried every method known to reduce the swelling and have used medication provided by the doctor correctly, however nothing has helped.
I don't know if it is related but I've also had no appetite whatsoever, I've ate very little over the past week. I have tried to make myself eat when I don't want to but it didn't go very well. I constantly feel thirsty and have a dry throat regardless of how much I drink, I am unable to sleep well at night at all, as a result I'm very irritable and constantly snapping at everybody. I've also experienced a few moments where I get extremely dizzy or begin to feel faint, but have not actually fainted.

Is this all just down to hay fever? I've been taking tablets daily ever since my eyes swelled up.

Read more: Could hayfever be causing all of this?