Saturday, September 27, 2014

How to assertively maintain boundaries?

I often find that people I do not know are inappropriately personal with me… I often feel like I have had a personal boundary violated in these instances

Eg. I wear coloured lenses that look completely natural. Also because of the fact that I have olive skin my light eyes look even more unusual.

So when I am at the supermarket or the store asking the sales assistant where the milk is for eg I find it really inappropriate when they say 'is that your natural eye colour'

If it was my friend or a workmate I can understand why they would ask but it's really annoying when it is a randomness stranger.
It is always sales assistants that I take offence to eg one also said to me 'You look so tired ' and smirked

I find it really inappropriate for them to talk about me personally

I don't know how to react assertively in these situations and what to say?

It better still how to stop them from saying it to me in the first place.

Read more: How to assertively maintain boundaries?