Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Why are my new contact lenses blurry?

I have been wearing the same brand of contacts for 5 years now. I recently got my eyes checked and tried out a new brand of contacts that supplies more air to the eyes.

My old contacts prescription: R: -2.75 and L: -3.50. New contacts prescription: R: -2.75 and L: -3.25.

They originally let me try -2.75/-3.50 (the old prescription degrees) for the new brand, but it was unclear. So then they gave me a second trial of contacts of -2.75/-3.25 (they thought the left eye's contacts might have been too strong). This second trial still isn't the clearest. The blurriness is most noticeable when I read things that are close range, from 1ft to 5ft away. Additionally, at night time, the street lights are a bit blurry compared to before.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Read more: Why are my new contact lenses blurry?