Monday, July 7, 2014

I don't understand why Africans don't like African Americans?

Not all Africans but some. I am an African American myself and I love the Africans. I love the different cultures and the positive things about it. I know Africa is struggling, so is America. I would love to help out as much as I can. I don't know which part of Africa my ancestors came from. But I would love to find out, unfortunately it cost a lot of money to do so lol. But there is one problem, I hear from my parents that Africans don't like African Americans. It kind of discouraged me to go there, but I didn't understand why… We are kind of the same.(are we?) At my school people seemed to be ashamed that they are African American. They get perms and get blond weave and some even get blue contact lens. They make fun of the darker skinned people they call them ugly or burnt. When they are very pretty. There was a teacher from Nigeria and they mocked his accent, which I found awesome. Not all the kids at my school does that though. But I want to know the reason why they don't like us… I find it strange… And would they rather get help from a White person rather than a Black person from America? I'm just asking, I could be wrong. Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not trying to be negative.
Please and Thank you
Positive Answers please

Read more: I don't understand why Africans don't like African Americans?