Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm a little concerned with my contacts (new user)?

So I have so far tried 2 different types, the first one was Acuvue Advanced and the other one was Acuvue Oasys. The advanced weren't bearable to me at all so then I switched to Oasys. These ones feel better, but my main concern is that my eyes feel a little tired after a while as if I need sleep, and my biggest concern about them is that I have more red veins in my used than I used to, I have a majority of them that appeared in the lower eyelid portion of my eye and towards the outer portion of my eye (the white part). So both of these lenses were 2 weeks and I make sure always and do every step such as cleaning and inspecting the lenses. Yesterday my doctor gave me dailies to try out and these feel much better as my eyes don't feel as dry anymore. However, like previously stated, the increased amount of red veins in my eyes is concerning me since I don't know if this is normal and if my eyes are adjusting to contacts since I feel no pain, or any other symptoms, just the red veins. I read that it may be overwear since I'm trying to wear them longer since the max before used to be 6 hours, and now I'm able to go to 8 hours and possibly more. Could also the way I take them out cause this? I usually slide the contact down into the lower eyelid portion and then pinch to take them out. Sorry if I'm be paranoid since I don't know if this is normal or not, and I want to wear contacts for school within a month since I hate wearing glasses. I also use the computer and my phone a lot.

Read more: I'm a little concerned with my contacts (new user)?