Saturday, July 12, 2014

Can people with an astigmatism wear colored contacts?

My eye doctor advised against the use of colored contacts, as apparently the technology is not very up-to-date in the colored contacts rather than the clear contacts used for my distance-impaired vision. Freshlook is a company that makes colored contacts, and I see that they can be specially bought for an astigmatism. I already have light eyes, so I would just like a sheer hue to enhance my natural color. For the optometrists out there, would you advise against this decision? And no, I would rather not buy the colored contacts at all if I could only wear them for special occasions. I would just like another opinion on the harm that colored contacts could do to my eyes. Thanks!

Read more: Can people with an astigmatism wear colored contacts?