Sunday, May 4, 2014

What's wrong with my contacts? - 1


I recently got contact lenses ( 3 days ago) and i have been quite happy with them apart from needing some time getting used to putting them in and getting them out. I wore them the first day for 4 hours as advised, however i did not wear them the second day so i thought it would be a good idea to start from 4 hours again and build up from there, just to be on the safe side. I was very surprised that, by the end of day 2, when i took my contacts out my eyes felt dry, red and a bit sore, unlike the first day when i wore them for the same amount of time.However, my shock was even bigger as, when i tried to put them in today, my eyes went bloodshot and i could literally see how the redness was spreading in my eyes seconds after i put my contacts in. I tried putting them in twice with the same result. I don't understand what is happening- my hands were squeaky clean, i did not drop the lenses, they were not inside out nor were they scratched or dirty as i have cleaned them and stored them properly in their case with the advised solution which i changed regularly, but still my eyes reacted to badly to them and felt like i had soap in my eyes! PS i only tried this with my right eye so i'm not sure whether both my eyes would react this way, i was afraid of the outcome ( red and painful eyes- although they dyes down almost as fast as they appear) … What could it be? Should i g back and see my optician?

Read more: What's wrong with my contacts? - 1