Friday, May 9, 2014

Do I absolutely need to wear toric contact lenses?


Hi,
I've been looking for new contact lenses to buy online and I noticed that toric lenses are often more pricy than regular ones. I was curious to know if I could get away with wearing regular contacts or if it's important that I wear toric ones. I heard that if someone has an astigmatism of only -0.50, their doctors don't bother with putting astigmatism in their prescription. Mine is only -0.75. So would I have a hard time seeing if I didn't have toric lenses? I'm 17 by the way (I don't know if that would be helpful at all, but just in case lol).

Here's my prescription:
Power: Left is -4.50 & Right is -4.25
Base Curve: 8.7
Diameter: 14.5
Cylinder: -0.75
Axis: 90

Thank you so much! :)

Read more: Do I absolutely need to wear toric contact lenses?