Tuesday, April 8, 2014

First time wearing contacts - feels like eyelash in eye?!

I purchased the Desio Lenses, I have 20/20 vision and have no problems in general with my eyes, and my family has no history of eye problems and all have near perfect vision.
I got these so I could change my eye colour as I have extremely dark brown eyes.

Any way, since I had never worn contacts before, I did my research, watched tons of videos and I eventually felt confident to do it!
Well, it sure was a struggle! Apparently it's much easier than it looks. I only practiced on my right eye as I didn't want to irritate both. After a solid hour and a half I finally got it in, but it did not adjust. I made sure it was as clean as possible but it just wouldn't adjust, it felt like I had an eyelash at the very top.
I put the left contact in first go and had no pain what so ever.

I'm scared that I scratched my cornea, but my mind is telling me I just irritated my eyes - as before I put in the contact my eye was itchy as all hell, so I rubbed it for a while.
I can't afford to see the eye doctor right now, so someone reassure me and tell me what else I can do!

Thanks in advance!

Added (1). I most definitely took it out! I'm starting to think there's some mascara in there (I was wearing some and forgot to take it off!) Thank you for your answer - I need to learn to love my dark eyes!

Added (2). I figured out the problem! So for any one who's reading and having a similar experience - my contact was torn, torn, torn! I was cleaning it when I noticed. If you have pain when you wear them, your contact is most likely torn!

Read more: First time wearing contacts - feels like eyelash in eye?!