Thursday, March 13, 2014

Why do all eyeglasses hurt over my ears?

Ok…here is some background from a previous question: I am 34 and I have never worn glasses all the time, but only wore them for reading/computer work. We started out trying contacts and had trouble with the strength, so the doctor decided to give the new prescription a few weeks of adjustment before trying contacts again. I got new frames (and new prescription) and have been back 3 times to have the glasses adjusted.

First time they replaced the nose pads, other times to fix the vice like tension on the sides of my head. They are metal frames, but have rubber pieces that fit above the ear. If they are adjusted to be really comfortable, they slide off with little effort. Otherwise, they continue to feel as if they are squeezing my head causing headaches. This last time, the extra "curve" was removed and she said to give it a couple days to see if that helps. It is really frustrating and disheartening at the same time!

After weeks of agony, I just got a new set of frames yesterday. These are wire frames (barely 2mm thick) and very flexible. Poly-carbonate lenses and so light you can't even tell they are there! I STILL feel pressure on the sides of my head. I kept my old pair off for about 18 hours to give my head time to rest before trying the new ones.

Is it possible that my head is still sore from previous glasses? Is it possible some people just can't wear glasses? I am about at the point I want to give up. Anyone else have similar experience?
Added (1). I also have a pair of "Special Eyes" contact lenses on order and praying to God those work. I sometimes wish I had never went to the eye doctor to begin with because it has been so frustrating.

Читать далее: Why do all eyeglasses hurt over my ears?