Monday, April 29, 2013

Colored contact lenses - is it worth it?

I recently went to doc and told her that i want blue colored contacts. She checked my eyes and said that everything is ok, warned me about lense care and possibility of infections, and sold me lenses. She said if i f**k things up i can get an Acanthamoeba keratitis. I went to home and started my research about this desease and really got paranoid.
There was an accident in 2006 when people used faulty Renu With Moistureloc solution that wasn't effective at killing bacteria and got this desease, it was not even fault of the users themselves.
I've read their stories and it seems like that thing ruined their lives. I'm terrified.
I simply want to have blue eyes to look good and i've already spent money on it. The question now -"Is it worth the risks?" How common this desease? Any statistics?

См. статью: Colored contact lenses - is it worth it?