Thursday, November 8, 2012

Why are my contact lens stronger than my glasses perscription?

Hi all! I am about to buy prescription glasses over the internet so my eye doctor emailed me both my eyeglasses & contact lens prescription.

I got my contact lens prescription done this past summer & I have -2.00 in both eyes.My contact prescription before that was at -1.75 in both eyes (that was given to me the same day I got my eyeglasses one done)

My eyeglasses prescription was done over a year ago & it is as follows
OD: SPH: -1.75 CYL -0.50 AXIS: 180
OS: SPH: -1.75 CYL: -0.75 AXIS: 180

Does this sound right? I always thought contact lenses were supposed to bit weaker than eyeglasses but, with me, the reverse seems to be true?

Does this sound logical? Or should I bump the SPH up to -2.00 before I buy my new glasses over the internet? I just don't want to waste a bunch of money.

Anyways, thanks for your time.
>>> Why are my contact lens stronger than my glasses perscription?