Friday, November 9, 2012

Solotica contact lenses: can they be harmful to my eyes?

So i wanted to buy a new brand of contacts, i found the Solotica brand from brazil are yearly, affordable and, not cheesy looking. However it kinda makes me uneasy because they are not a brand from the US and i dont want to damage my eyes permanently.

Specs:
Manufacturer: Solotica
Contains: 2 lenses in factory sealed packaging
Type: Yearly
Base Curve: 8.7
Diameter: 14.2

What kind of risks am i running? i already use freshlook, but the color looks cheesy, and i know how to properly take care of contacts.
Since these are yearly, would they build up bacteria? (my optometrist said that the 2 week ones would develop like plaque, bacteria (or something like that) on the inside if i wear them for more than 2 weeks.

Any Optometrists out there that can help ?
>>> Solotica contact lenses: can they be harmful to my eyes?