Friday, September 1, 2017

What is wrong with me? I'm 22yrs old and always forgetful?

I'm 22 years old and recently graduated from University. I'm currently working Part-time in a shoe shop. I'm trying to apply for jobs in the field I studied in.

I'm having problems with my concentration and memory and I don't know why. It's not an issue I have had before, so what's wrong with me now?

For example every morning I always forget to pack something important I need for work, every time I go to grab something from the stockroom for a customer I always forget what it is and have to ask a colleague to repeat it, sometimes when I go to grab some shoes which are in boxes and labeled with the name and colour. I can't seem to see them properly (even though I wear contact lenses), so I'll say to the customer we don't have the item but if one of my colleagues goes to check, she ends up finding the shoe the customer needs.

I'm always continuously daydreaming, I have been working there for 3 months now and I can't seem to do my job fast and efficiently. My colleague taught me how to do a refund and even though its so simple, I'm always forgetting how to do it. I forget the most simplest thing and I always feel tired.

I don't know if its because I don't get enough sleep, I eat junk food and I don't exercise.

I also feel demotivated at work. I think it may be because I don't enjoy working in retail and I hate my job. BUT most of my colleagues don't like the job too but they are fast and efficient at their job so why am I the only one who is so useless?
Added (1). Some people say that I have ADHD, others tell me to visit the doctor (I haven't visited one in 6 years). I don't know what to do, I've never been this way before, so why am I like this now?
Added (2). And how do I stop daydreaming?

Read more: What is wrong with me? I'm 22yrs old and always forgetful?