Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I have astigmatism. For colored lenses is it better to wear non toric prescription or no prescription?

So for awhile now I've been looking into Solotica colored contacts because of the natural look they give, but since I have astigmatism the affordable colored contact options for me are brands like air optix and what not which I don't like the appearance of because they look fake and you can tell they re contacts unlike the realistic solotica ones that look like natural eye color. Solotica does make toric lenses but they re extremely difficult to find and are 2-3 times the price of regular sphere contacts. I've heard about people using sphere contacts in a certain different prescription that they calculate to make it the "equivalent" of their astigmatism ones but i'm scared if i spend that much on ordering them and my vision is even worse than having no prescription, it would ve been a waste. Is it a better option for me to get Solotica non prescription lenses and just see with my normal vision without any correcting, or, should I get sphere lenses? I'm not sure which is safer or what not. Thanks

Read more: I have astigmatism. For colored lenses is it better to wear non toric prescription or no prescription?