Friday, September 1, 2017

Help for putting in contact lenses?

I'm doing a cosplay of a character with pink eyes the day after tomorrow and I got colored contacts (non-prescription, so they don't alter my vision). I tried practicing putting them in for the first time, and I followed my mom's instructions since she's worn contacts for a long time but nothing worked.

I washed my hands, trimmed my nails, soaked the lens in solution, and pressed it into my eye, but the lens always stuck inside-out to my finger and wouldn't stick to my eye at all. Should my fingers be completely dry? I have dry eyes, so should I put in eye drops before trying to put in the contacts? I don't think it's a problem with the contacts since they had very good reviews and my mom didn't notice anything wrong with them.

My dad said I might just not be able to put contacts in, but that'd be really disappointing since my cosplay character's eyes are probably her most known feature.

Read more: Help for putting in contact lenses?