Saturday, September 2, 2017

My eyeglass prescription changed slightly but now I can't see through them?

My old prescription was -4.50 Cylindrical +1.00 axis 075. Left eye -4.50 Cylindrical +.50 axis 105.
My new prescription is -4.25 Cylindrical +1.00 axis 085. Left eye -4.25 Cylindrical +.75 Axis 090.
Both have an addition of +2.50.
I saw fine with my old glasses but my eyes were very fatigued and my doctor lowered the distance and increased the addition slightly. He said I won't notice much of a difference. But when I put on my new glasses it was really blurry. Assuming the lenses were done correctly, (and the optical store is willing to redo it) why am I having a problem when the prescription is not much different?
Added (1). I should note that my old prescription had an addition of +2.25, my new one is +2.50

Read more: My eyeglass prescription changed slightly but now I can't see through them?