Sunday, April 17, 2016

Do exams for contact lenses also cover glasses?


Basically I wanted to try out contact lenses so I went to get the exam. Talking to the optometrist he recommended I get glasses as well but I told him I did intend on wearing contacts daily if all went well. After the exam he sent me out to wait and he said that I can order glasses and get the training for the contact lenses. Now, let me just say, I'm a broke college student with a minimum wage job I usually support myself so I don't have a ton of money. The lady on the desk asked if I wanted to order the glasses and me being overly eager decided that I only needed contacts. I said I'd hold off on the glasses for now because I don't have the money for them and the exam at the moment. I got my training for the contacts, it took a while but I got them on twice and off once. The thing is I realized. They made me uncomfortable, all the poking to my eyes made them sore and they were pretty uncomfortable. I have plenty of stress and caring for contact lenses just added to it so I decided that they probably aren't for me. The thing is. I feel like I've wasted this money just like that. Since the lady over there asked if I wanted to order the glasses I'm hoping that's still an option. They scheduled me for an appointment for next week and requested that I wear the trial contacts. I know the prescriptions are different but can I still get the glasses?

Read more: Do exams for contact lenses also cover glasses?