Sunday, April 17, 2016

Is it normal for my glasses to be thick?


I first got glasses a year and a half ago but I recently needed to get an update in my prescription. My eyes went from -1.25 and -1 to -2.25 in both. I was slightly worried because they seemed to be a lot worse but my friend (who has had glasses forever) said my eyes are still pretty good and even the doctor said I have a low prescription.

That's why I was quite surprised that my new glasses have lenses that are kind of thick (definitely noticeable) and make my eyes look small. I thought they may have made the prescription too high by mistake but I can see perfectly. I didn't pay extra for the thin lenses and I have quite a large frame. Is that why the lenses are so thick? Should I get them replaced with more expensive ones?
Added (1). They aren't an inch thick but they don't look like window glass either.

Read more: Is it normal for my glasses to be thick?