Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Contact lenses aren't safe?


I had an eye exam yesterday. I booked an appointment for an eye exam and contact lens fitting/training.

The doctor told me that my eyes are healthy and that I just needed something to help me for far distance. I requested contacts (it would be more convenient for me) and he told me that they aren't safe and they could cause harm to the eyes. I wasn't buying that **** so I asked "such as what?" He said blindness. He went on and on about how they are too much work and it's hard to put them in and take them out. He said either I buy glasses and contacts or just glasses because he wan't just going to let me buy contacts. Since they didn't have a large variety of frames, I asked if I could use the prescription to buy it from somewhere else. But he had me buy a frame that I didn't even like. No exchange or refund.

Funny thing is that after I had paid for the glasses, he told me that I can come in next week for contacts if I'm still interested.

Read more: Contact lenses aren't safe?