Friday, April 22, 2016

Why does heat ruin my contacts?


I didn't wear them before, in fear of them 'melting' but when I found out it was a myth I started wearing them in hot kitchen environments,

Ok so my first contacts I wore, became irritating to put on, they burnt my eyes, they lost their shape and I could no longer use them (I only wore them for 4 hours in heat) I thought it was just the contacts

But yesterday I wore a brand new pair and they were perfect before I I wore them in heat for only 2 hours, again today they are blurry, burning my eyes and impossible to use

So the melting contact lens story is true after all, the contacts do get ruined at least, why aren't people made aware of this?
Added (1). Nope I have cooper vision, the long wear ones which are the most expensive ones available. The heat wasn't even that high, it was regular kitchen heat.
I store my contacts very very well, and clean them very throughly and wash hands before and
After

Read more: Why does heat ruin my contacts?