Saturday, November 1, 2014

Contacts burned my eye?

For Halloween this year, I was a cat. I had cool special fx makeup for my face and I had contact lenses too. I had used these contacts before-hand to make sure they fit my eye and were comfortable. When I went to put the right eye contact in, I knew that there was something on it so I took it out and cleaned it with a solution (with clean hands). When I went to put it back in, it started to burn my eye, so of course, my eye teared up and it was a struggle to get it out. Now, the bottom part of the sclera has a bunch of blood vessels going up and down. I don't know if I tore the contact or had a reaction to the solution but it has been a few days and the blood vessels haven't gone away. It also hurts to blink as well. I understand that these blood vessels supply the eye with oxygen so maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe I have an infection? Help! What should I do?

Read more: Contacts burned my eye?