Tuesday, October 28, 2014

After care for cartilage piercing?

So, I got my cartilage pierced yesterday the place I got it pierced said to use antibacterial soap to first clean it and then either a ready made saline solution or homemade solution (salt and boiling water), however reading online I've heard that you shouldn't use table salt, which is the only kind of salt I own, I have looked for non iodized sea salt which is recommended, however I can't seem to find this anywhere. So my question is this, is table salt okay to continue using? Or should I buy a sterile saline solution which is used for contact lenses, would this work?

Help please! I want the best thing to use for my piercing to avoid infection!

Also, I clean it twice a day with cotton buds.

Thank you.

Read more: After care for cartilage piercing?