Friday, January 17, 2014

How to stop being a nerd?

Hello guys ^-^

I'm moving to a new school on Monday because I need a fresh start, and I was repeatedly teased for being a 'nerd,' 'geek,' and 'emo.' I really don't want to go through that **** again at my new school, so I need your advice, desperately. (I'm including a photo of myself so you guys can get the idea).

I've always been seen as a nerd because I used to wear glasses, but I eventually decided to get contact lenses. I guess I have a few reasons why I was seen as a nerd:

- I wore heavy eye makeup, I would tease my hair, and I constantly wore dark clothes and band merch.-.

- I listen to music which is often perceived as 'emo,' even though most of it isn't, (ie - Black Veil Brides, Bring Me The Horizon, Blink-182, Oceans Ate Alaska.).

- I've always been in set 1 for all my subjects, and I get high levels.

- I play the electric guitar.

- I used to be addicted to WOW and Assassins Creed, but I've tried to play those games less.

- I can be awkward at times, but I'm working on it I guess.-.

I really don't want to be seen as a nerd at this new school, so I really need some advice. Also, if you have any tips on settling in at a new school, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance!

- Charlotte x
https://s.yimg.com/hd/answers/i/79eb431df91447579af7a799b75807e5_A.jpeg?a=answers&mr=0&x=1390017420&s=4d1259217636c64e36e3cad6ab3ae407

Читать далее: How to stop being a nerd?