Saturday, August 18, 2012

Neovascularization - I think I might Have It?

I'll make it short and direct.

1. I have been wearing contacts for over a year.
2. I have always worn cosmetic lenses but BY THE SAME BRAND I only changed the colours everytime I buy new ones.
3. They're all have CIRCLE lenses with 14.5 diameter - they were comfy and made my eyes look pretty since I have large cat-like eyes.
4. Lately, I have been noticing these blood vessels forming towards my cornea.
5. I take great care my lenses and clean then even when I'm not wearing them to clean out any protein deposits but I guess I must have been doing something wrong.
6. I only wear the like every 2-3 weeks 6 hours at most, disposable, FDA approved and from a reputable optometrist.(I NEVER buy my lenses online or from independent sh! t like that I know of the danger!)
7. After the formation of the red vessels towards me cornea, my eyes have been dry and I frequently have to use eye drops and wearing my usual glasses(power is 1.75 with low astigmatism).
8. I have duly disposed of my lenses and vowed NEVER to touch any contact lenses for the rest of my life. I hate wearing my glasses it makes me look like a praying mantis but I guess I have to choose a stylish frame and live with it. =\
9. I have asked my mum to bring to me a doctor but knowing her, she might not but I'll coax her anyway.

So I'd like someone experienced with this problem to give me their opinion.
If possible, I wanna let my eyes heal on their own or do you think I might have abused my eyes beyond any repair?
>>> Neovascularization - I think I might Have It?