Thursday, January 7, 2016

Can I get workmans comp for prescribed glasses?


Its just a simple question I'm curious about.
I work at a daycare and I work with kids in the age of 3-4yr olds. Some turning five this coming year.
I was outside with a small group of kids and one child in the class picked up a basketball and threw it at my face knocking my glasses. It scratched The side of my nose. I had no time to react due to the fact my head was turned away after I gave countless of warnings to the child to stop throwing the basket ball at the other children. He found it funny to do it to me.
My glasses are prescribed by my eye doctor since I am blind as a bat. I had glaucoma as a baby nearly losing my sight. My glasses were knocked off and were cracked, the moment they slipped out my hands at work and broke in half. I had to get a whole new frame and lens since the Optics told me I was better off getting new ones in the end.
I'm just curious if this is something to even bother with

Read more: Can I get workmans comp for prescribed glasses?