Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Can I return my new prescription glasses?


I just got my new prescription glasses for college and I'm trying them on for the first time without contact lenses in. They are giving me a horrible uncomfortable fishbowl effect.

I had the same problem with my last pair of glasses, I only wore them to school one day and I fell down the stairs because everything was so warped, I haven't worn them since so these new glasses were supposed to be a replacement.

I'm kind of panicking bc it's my understanding that you can't return frames. I told the person at the optometrist who was pulling glasses for me to try on that my last pair didn't work and was very fishbowl-y and he promised this new pair wouldn't do that. That's why I chose them but now that I'm wearing them they definitely have that fishbowl effect. I haven't had glasses that worked for me for 6 years now so I'm really upset that these don't and that my parents spent their money on them.

Is there any chance I could return the frames given the situation? I realize now that I should have chosen smaller frames (these and my last pair were both the trendier large frames, I didn't understand that's what caused the fishbowl effect until I had already purchased these), but I also feel that since the optometrist promised these wouldn't have a fishbowl effect and pulled them for me instead of suggesting a smaller pair I might have a chance… I wear contacts most of the time so I don't know if it's possible for me to truly adjust to the fishbowl effect in these:(

Help?

Read more: Can I return my new prescription glasses?