Thursday, July 2, 2015

Swollen eyes and prom tonight?


I've had swollen eyelids for the best part of 2 weeks now. I went to the doctors about a week ago and they gave me eye drops to use, but they haven't made a difference yet. I've consistently used the eye drops, I've used eye washes, cold compresses, I've used contact lens solution to clean the area around my eyes, I've taken allergy medicines daily, I've used an eye irritation mist spray daily and I've even invested in a red light therapy device that supposedly combats hayfever. I haven't worn my contact lenses in about 2 weeks (the puffiness is due to hayfever, not contact lenses, but I kept them out anyway.)

I intend on going back to the doctors if the issue has not resolved itself soon.
However, my problem is that I have my high school prom tonight - despite all my best efforts over the past week, my eyes are as swollen as ever.

Aside from swollen eyelids, there is nothing else wrong with my eyes. No pain, no irritation, no itchiness or red areas of skin, no change in vision. The only issue is that my eyes are really puffy and it looks ugly. Is there any way I can quickly reduce the swelling for prom tonight, aside from methods I'm already using (mentioned above)?

Read more: Swollen eyes and prom tonight?