Monday, June 29, 2015

Can I get a refund of the eye exam cost if contacts don't work for me?


I recently visited an optometrist located in a Wal-Mart store. I paid a little over a hundred dollars for the eye exam (for contact lenses). This is not my first time getting contact lenses. I have worn them before but I stopped wearing them and decided to wear glasses for a few years.
Now, I wanted to wear contact lenses again so I went through the eye exam with the optometrist and received a trial pair to see if they are comfortable and clear.
I did not find the trial pair(Acuvue) comfortable, so I was given another pair of a different brand(Air Optix). The different brand didn't work for me. I went to the optometrist Again, and was given Another trial pair (Focus Dailies). I'm wearing these now, and I don't think these are the right ones for me.
I suffer from having very dry eyes so I'm slowly realizing that I should just give up on contact lenses.
If none of the contacts the optometrist offers work for me, could I get a refund of the eye exam (for contact lenses)? If I can't find the right contact lenses, the prescription that I got from this eye exam becomes useless… :(

Read more: Can I get a refund of the eye exam cost if contacts don't work for me?