Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My whole family just laughted at my face?


My mum saw this thing on TV. It said that the easiest way to test for eye cancer was to take a picture of your face on flash.
I have to wear glasses, my prescription is -9 and the lenses are very thick.
When I was younger she once took a photo of me on flash, on eye was red and the other was black. On this TV program, it said if this ever happens to speak with your doctor. It could be an early sign of cancer.
So today my mum made me take off my glasses and for her take a picture.
Nobody has ever seen me without glasses as I can t see without them.
When mum looked at the photo, it didn t look like me at all, because she s never seen me without glasses! She burst out laughing and showed it my 24yo brother who was also crying in laughter.
I ve never felt so humiliated, I though your family are ment to be there for you.
I asked for her to deleat the picture, I went to grab it and laughing she pulled it away and said don t you dare!
I m 15- I ve never really had alot of confidence, but whatever I did have, its gone.
If this is how my family reacts, I dred to think of how other people react when I take my glasses off.

Read more: My whole family just laughted at my face?