Monday, July 20, 2015

Is it normal to have blurry vision with contact lenses?

I just got contacts after wearing only glasses for years. I find that at times throughout the day, my vision gets blurry when I am wearing the contacts. It happens sometimes when I am looking at the computer screen and it also sometimes happens when I am exercising, or sometimes I feel like I am doing nothing to bring it on.

I called the optometrist and he said that it's the nature of contact lenses that this happens. He said that the lens sometimes moves out of alignment in the eye and vision may blur somewhat until it moves back into alignment. Sounded logical. But, I prefer my glasses I told him because everything is always clear. He again reiterated that the glasses don't have the same issue with coming out of alignment. The coverage they provide is whole, but the lens can shift somewhat. He also mentioned that dryness can cause it, but I sometimes get blurry vision in the morning when I just put them in and they are still moist.

Is this right? Do all contact lens wearers experience blurry vision sometimes? I have astigmatism if that matters.

Thanks

Read more: Is it normal to have blurry vision with contact lenses?