Thursday, June 4, 2015

Why would my Ophthalmologist refer me to a bad eye care store?


I always had my eyes checked at Pearle Vision and had the Optometrist at that store prescribe me glasses for my nearsightedness. But recently, my friend recommended this great Ophthalmologist, so I started going to him. He seemed good and seemed to know what he was doing, so I had no reason to doubt my friend's advice. Well, this new doctor gave me a new prescription and when I told him I was going to have the prescription filled at Pearle Vision, he literally almost flew off the handle and told me that I should never ever go to chain stores to have eyeglasses made. He said they always do a terrible job, which I found shocking because I never had issues at Pearle Vision. Well, I had my new glasses done at a non-chain store that my Ophthalmologist personally recommended. He claimed they were one of the best, so I took his advice. When I got my new glasses, one of the lenses was slightly warped and looked like it wasn't fitted in the frame correctly due to the warped shape of the lens. Well, I figured it probably was ok, but it didn't take very long for the lens to start falling out of the frame. I never had this problem at Pearle Vision and my doctor gets upset that I went there, yet he recommends this other place that does a terrible job. Why is that? Are some of these stores paying these doctors to refer their patients to their stores?

Read more: Why would my Ophthalmologist refer me to a bad eye care store?