Thursday, June 4, 2015

How to get rid of bumps under my eyes?


Over this past Christmas break I got contact lenses for the first time (Acuvue soft lenses that I take out every night and change every 2-4 weeks). I wore them correctly for weeks with persistent itchiness and the constant need to blink. I gave up fighting and wore them off and on for a while, just a few hours a day when I needed them for class. I started wearing them again for extended hours to test them out again because a coworker suggested I might be allergic to them since she found out she was as well. I have developed dry red patches with small bumps under my eyes towards the outside (not around my nose and inner eyes). Is this an allergic reaction? Regardless, how can I get rid of these dry spots? Notes: my makeup, skin care, and eye solution have not changed; I apply jojoba oil regularly to my eyes to remove makeup every day and to attempt to heal the dry spots; I sleep and eat well and drink 2-3 liters of water a day; nothing has changed except I started taking iron pills (but I believe the dryness started before the iron pills).

Read more: How to get rid of bumps under my eyes?