Sunday, May 31, 2015

Can contact lens solution not be used the same way as over the counter eye drops?


I have a pink right eye that has been going on for 3 days and it occasionally feels itchy and I have not been rubbing it lately. So far, it has not been going away lately and I am not sure what is going on. I know it is not infected because nothing is coming out of it. Instead of having it heal on its own, I want to put some eye drops on it to heal it. I was thinking about using contact lens solution to heal it because it rinses out the dust and pollen in my lenses and it is considered as artificial tears. However, my eye doctor told me that I should use solution as eye drops whenever my eyes get dry from wearing contacts. Should I use eye drops instead? I am not sure what ways I can get rid of the pink eye, but I believe what would be best are over the counter eye drops. Should I let lens solution or OTC eye drops to heal my eye?

Read more: Can contact lens solution not be used the same way as over the counter eye drops?