Thursday, May 21, 2015

UK: What help could I get for my eye glasses? - 1

I'm not entitled to help with the cost of my glasses as I work full time and len's thinning is considered "optional"

The fact is I am practically blind d. Well without my glasses on I in order for me to see anything clearly it has to be 5cm from my face. I can't make out individual colours, shapes, people.

Without the lens thinning my lenses would be 2 cm and 4cm.

Is there any type of help I could get towards the cost of my glasses? I paid around £900 to get my lenses thinned and the lens on the left side is a good 1 1/2 cm thick and the right 1cm.

My glasses are heavy and dig into my nose. It causes the skin to become tender and painful for me to wear glasses and I have to cut out little patches from plasters to cover the spot.

I'm actually considering taking out a £2000 loan from the bank as my 2 year appointment is due and I can't afford glasses.

Read more: UK: What help could I get for my eye glasses? - 1