Sunday, November 9, 2014

How to get contacts?

I am 20 years old with astigmatism, I dont think that I have HORRIBLE eyesight, but it's not perfect either. I can definitely tell that my right eye is way worse then my left. I have been wearing glasses for almost 10 years now, and everytime I get a pair they always break. With the insurance I have ( T.O.N,Y ) I am only allowed to get a pair every 2 years and the pair I just got ( March ) they are now broken, I have super glued them back together but now my lenses has glue on them which I just scraped out, now has scratches on them, So there currently sitting on my bookshelf with toothpaste on them to remove the scratches. I love my glasses, but someone always manages to break them, Im tired of stressing on how to fix them and how to put them back together and going months without wearing them. As I am writing this I am centimeters away from my tv squinting, which is quite painful, I wanted to know the process of getting contacts? My insurance is Today's Options Of New York & Medicaid. So I wanted to know would that cover contacts? I cannot afford to pay the whole amount of contacts because Im pretty sure there not cheap. I am tired of trying to keep up with them and hold on to them to have them fixed, I dont want to be McGyver anymore, I want to wear contacts and not have to worry about waiting 2 year's for a new pair. Can someone help me figure out how to convince my doctor for contacts? Thank You

Read more: How to get contacts?