Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Normal circle lenses with astigmatism - Problems after switching to daily contacts?

For the past few years I have worn circle lenses with no prescription, as I had overnight rigid contacts to correct my vision during the day. I had no problems at all with my circle lenses.

I recently switched to a combo of daily contacts for astigmatism/glasses instead of the overnight contacts, so I bought circle lenses with the same prescription. I soaked the lenses as I'm supposed to, and put them in. Once they were in they weren't uncomfortable, but when I blinked or tried to move the contact around in my eye, it was stuck to one place. I freaked out and took them out and saw that they had left a red circle around my iris. I could see perfectly through them, like the prescription was right, I'm just not sure why all of a sudden im having problems with the lenses.

I will soak them for longer and try again later when I am rested… But I would really like to know what is causing this problem.

Maybe I'm tired or something haha… It's 4 AM…

Read more: Normal circle lenses with astigmatism - Problems after switching to daily contacts?