Sunday, August 31, 2014

Does accommodative esotropia ever go away?

Hi, I'm just wondering if it's possible for accommodative esotropia to go away. I've had it since I was 4-5 years old (I'm turning 16 in November,) but I never really noticed it since I was always wearing glasses until Freshman year, when I got contacts. There were 2 weeks that year where I couldn't wear my contacts because I had gotten GPC, but I was too embarrassed to wear my glasses so I just decided to try my best to see at school. Anyways, apparently one of my eyes kept "drifting" inwards and my friends kept pointing I was really embarrassed.

I always feel very self conscious because I feel like people are looking at it. It usually doesn't happen when I'm wearing some kind of corrective lens but it does as soon as I take them off/out.

I know it's stupid, but I'm just wondering. Sorry for the long question:)

Read more: Does accommodative esotropia ever go away?