Monday, September 1, 2014

Is my astigmatism more compatible with hard lenses or soft contact lenses?

sphere Cyl Axis
OD: -2.75 -0.75 170
OS: -3.00 -1.25 180

I have been trying soft lenses. I've tried three brands and the "best" that worked with me was Air Optix monthlies for astigmatism. However when I wear them, I always am aware of them in my eye, and after about 4-5 hours my eyes get bloodshot and my nose is constantly runny. I tried eye drops and use Revitalens cleaner. I have talked to my doctor and he still says I should try breaking into them more (it's been 3 months of daily wear).

I have been considering rgp lens. I know it takes a longer period to get used to but I don't even feel comfortable with soft contact lenses. Could it just be me having a bad Rx?

Read more: Is my astigmatism more compatible with hard lenses or soft contact lenses?