Sunday, March 16, 2014

My contact lense is blurry?

So I have one eye that sees great and one bum eye. I got glasses a while back, but I never wear them because the difference between my eyes is so dramatic that the glasses make me a little dizzy (I believe they are +2.50 on one eye).

I finally decided to switch to a contact lens, like my previous doctor suggested. However, I went to a local optometrist and after a brief test I left with a contact lens that still left my bad eye blurry (+1.50 if I remember right. They didn't even give me a receipt with all this information, I had to ask what strength it was.). I let it sit for a week, went back for my checkup, explained that my vision in that eye is still a little off and without re-testing me the doctor gave me a stronger lens with a comment like "Even though you didn't test that way." Snarky. I popped it in right there this time because I was concerned, and it's STILL BLURRY (+2.00 lens). Is it worse? AM I CRAZY? I'm going insane. I asked the lady at the desk about it and she said "Give it a few days and then you can always come in and change it."

I'm starting to think something is wrong with me, but I don't have a stigmatism. I can see 20/20 without glasses or contacts, it's only when I close my good eye that everything goes bad.

Is this normal? Do contacts REALLY take time to adjust to?

Read more: My contact lense is blurry?