Saturday, September 16, 2017

RGP Contact Lens Split into half. Could I be doing something wrong?

I wear RGP or Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lenses. The contacts are glass not plastic. I had this one since middle of May 2017. I'm gentle in caring and cleaning for the lens as I damaged one in the past. On Wednesday morning September 13,2017 I inserted the contact lens in my eye. I noticed right away it was bothering me quite a bit. I wore it about a hour and decided to remove it. Just to clean the contact lens and flush my eye out. I went to clean the contact lens and I noticed it was in half. I clean with Boston 2 in 1 and use contact lens saline solution. I follow the instructions. Could I have done anything wrong? Is it common for a contact lens to split in half ( 2 pieces_?

Read more: RGP Contact Lens Split into half. Could I be doing something wrong?