Sunday, September 17, 2017

Contact lens prescription change? - 2

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and had a change in my prescription. They've been the same for both eyes. My prescription for the past 2 or 3 years was BC 8.7 DIA 14.5 PWR -4.75 CYL -1.75 AX 180. My new prescription went to PWR -4.50 and cylinder -2.25. They gave me the trial lenses and I'm pretty sure the girl said they didn't have the brand of contacts I normally wear in my new prescription but they had another brand so I'm wearing that new brand for the trial lenses. I'm going to try to describe how I'm seeing blurrry with this new prescription. I know I'm pretty nearsighted but the distance from my bed and the cable box isn't very far and the digital time that shows up on the box looks blurry to me. I put on my old contacts and it look clear. Road signs from afar look blurry now; before the lettering itself was clear and it would just take getting closer to be able to actually read it. Everything close by like reading a book or reading the guide on the TV is fine. I know the reason they changed the Cyl number is because of my astigmatism… I have trouble with lights at night, like seeing bursts around them and she said it was probably my astigmatism changing. I have noticed a slight decrease in the bursts around lights at night with the new prescription but since the Sph went down to -4.50 I wonder if that's why some things look a little blurry. Does the Sph number have to go down since they increased my Cyl number?

Read more: Contact lens prescription change? - 2