Friday, April 14, 2017

How is it possible that my glasses prescription got WEAKER? Will Rx lenses be thinner?

Yesterday I had an eye exam & contact lens fitting. My prescription is:
ODâ€Â" SPH -2.50, CYL 2.00, AXIS 107
OSâ€Â" SPH -4.00, CYL -1.25, AXIS 081

My last exam before this was four years ago. At that time my prescription was:

ODâ€Â" -3.25, CYL -1.75, AXIS 105
OSâ€Â" .4.25, CYL -1.00, AXIS 085

How is that possible that my prescription became less? Is this normal? I'm mid 40s male. Also was wondering if this would make glasses lenses thinner? I've always gotten high index 1.67 and have stuck to smaller frames in order to keep the lenses as thin as possible; would my next lenses be significantly thinner?

Read more: How is it possible that my glasses prescription got WEAKER? Will Rx lenses be thinner?