Saturday, April 15, 2017

Eyes get dry using contact lenses. Is it mental because I'm not used to them?

I rarely use contact lenses, like maybe once a year for a single day. So I'm not used to them at all. I always wear glasses in my everyday life.
Last year's Comic Con in May 2016, I wore contact lenses for a cosplay. I ordered them from an eye doctor who tested my vision. They were for my nearsightedness/myopia. They were completely transparent, not for fake eye colors. And they were supposed to be more comfortable than other contact lens brands.
They were pretty comfortable, although I had a hard time putting them on because I'm not used to them. I was pretty careful putting them on. I wore them before I put on any makeup.
I lasted a few hours at the event until they started to bother me and my vision was getting blurry. I put on eye drops the eye doctor gave me. But it just got worse and my eyes were feeling too dry. I just kept putting on my eye drops with the help of my brothers. I managed until I got home at the end of the day, but my eyes were red and they felt dry and uncomfortable.
Has this happened to you? Are my eyes just too sensitive? Maybe I just need to adapt my eyes to contacts? Maybe I didn't drink enough water and my eyes were too dry (I don't drink a lot of water, another problem of mine, but it hardly ever affects me this much.)? Maybe I did something wrong? Or maybe it's just mental from being conscious of having contact lenses on?

Read more: Eyes get dry using contact lenses. Is it mental because I'm not used to them?