Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Could it be that I am allergic to my contact solution?

I've always had a bit of a bad experience with contact lenses, if it were up to me I would not use them I dont mind my glasses BUT because I am active it's a real hassle to play sports wearing my glasses, and particularly because I swim (and wear goggles) I can't wear my glasses and swimming blindly is not a very comfortable. I digress, so recently my contacts have been causing my eye to turn red (a red rting around my iris that is now sort of maroon) during and after I use them. At first I thought maybe it was the contacts but on Thursday I opened up a new pair of them, fresh out of the solution they are stored in and my eyes were perfectly fine the whole day, at the end of the day I removed them (again my eyes were fine) cleaned them and placed them in a solution I bought ( I use Opti-Free) it's the same solution I used with my first pair of contacts that caused me similar problems (i turning red etc.) yesterday I had my contacts in and they began to turn a pinkish colour throughout the day so that when I removed my contacts by the end of the day my eye looked as if it had pink-eye (which I don't have). This seems to be a recurring problem for me and frankly I'm getting worried I visisted my optomerist and she said that it was just "allergies" and recommended some drops. However, I feel it may be more than that either there is a more serious problem at hand, or my eyes are too sensitive for contacts, OR I may be allergic to my contact solution which then in turn causes my eye to turn red and become a bit itchy.

If anyone has had any similar problems with Opti-Free Replenish Contact solution please share

Read more: Could it be that I am allergic to my contact solution?