Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What are those glasses things people wear on their eyes?


So here is my story, I apologise to anyone if I sound ignorant here but I haven't been exposed to a multi cultural society so I am unaware of many things. I am from a smallish town/village in Australia, where isn't many multiculturalism. It's got a fair amount of people. But anyway, I always had a plan to explore and travel the world. I've been to Melbourne and Sydney few times growing up. As I'm 17 years old currently, I decided to travel to some European cities with some of my local villagers, to cities like Paris London and Rome. To my shock, I saw so many people have this plastic thing around their head, with two transparent glass covering their eyes. It was like sunglasses, which I am familiar with, but it had see-through lenses. I mean, I had never ever really seen people wearing those. In London and Rome, I remember every 1 in 2 or 3 people had those things on their eyes. I had never ever seen people wear those here over in my local town or know any famous celebrities with those things on. I mean, I remember 1 or 2 Middle eastern immigrants used to wear those but back then I used to think they were a cultural/religious thing like covering hair is for Muslim women. I asked one of the people I was with, why people were wearing those things so often and he suggested it treats eye infections. I seriously have hard time believing so many people have eye infections in Europe. So my question is, what are those things people wear? How come I've never seen those here?

Read more: What are those glasses things people wear on their eyes?