Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Can i still wear my contacts if I replace the case after 3 months?


I usually don't wear contacts. These dont have a prescription(they're 0.00) since it's mainly for cosplay, and also the reason why I dont use them often. Actually, out of the three contacts that I got, I've only used one of them that came in later December for about 4 hours, then proceeded to put it back in the case which I cleaned with solution and refilled it with new solution. The other two lenses I only put them in the case with the solution after I got them. Around January, I just cleaned the cases and the lenses with solution by softly rubbing(yes I looked up the precautions as to how I should clean it… Although I didn't wait until it was completely dried… But it was mostly dry).
I also know that the case should be replaced about every three months. But here I am, approaching month 4 and I am yet to change the case for every one. I just want to know if I can still wear these contacts, of course, after I change the case. These are yearly, but I really don't want to risk getting an eye infection and possibly having vision loss. Will the contacts be ruined if I don't change the case soon? Is it already too late? Or can I always just take the lenses out of my old case, clean it, and put it in a new case with no harm done?

Read more: Can i still wear my contacts if I replace the case after 3 months?