Friday, November 13, 2015

Is it normal to be sensitive to sunlight while wearing contact lenses?


Okay, so I am new to contact lenses. My eye doctor gave me a trial pair last week that made me eyes very dry and sensitive to outside light. It made my eyes water. Just yesterday I got a different pair of trial contacts, which are already feeling better than the last pair. They don't dry my eyes out, however, my eyes still feel sensible to being outside. I constantly have to blink or shield my eyes and look down because the sunlight hurts my eyes. I don't get a headache but I feel that I can't look up much. Is it normal? Will it always feel this way? Or will my eyes adjust? Should I just start wearing sunglasses?

Read more: Is it normal to be sensitive to sunlight while wearing contact lenses?