Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Did I get LASIK too early? Should I be concerned about regression in my results?


Hello, I'm a full-time college student who just had LASIK done almost two weeks ago at the age of 21 (22 in early February). So far I'm very pleased with the results. At my initial consultation I was deemed an excellent candidate for LASIK but due to being on the "younger" side there would be a chance of needing further surgery down the road so it was recommended maybe waiting until i was 23. Being stubborn as I am and being tired of both contacts/glasses I elected not to wait a couple years and have it done now. Now I'm starting to regret my decision and and getting anxious about losing my great results from LASIK. Before my surgery, my prescription was stable for 6 years at -5.00. I understand that as we age, our eyesight tends to get weaker but I'm worried that I will need to use glasses and contacts again so soon for not waiting a couple years more. I plan on voicing my concern at my next post op appointment in 3 weeks. Would love some feedback.
Added (1). Also would like to point out that I have worn glasses for 13 years and contact lenses for 7.

Read more: Did I get LASIK too early? Should I be concerned about regression in my results?